- 1Any of various bluish or gray building stones.More example sentences
- Sullivan leveled the top of the slope and installed a lawn, then built stairs of 3-inch-thick, randomly cut chunks of Connecticut bluestone on the base rock.
- Adjacent to the lower pool, Sargent placed a patio paved with Connecticut bluestone.
- A winding path of bluestone connects the house to the pool and a new patio.
- 1.1Any of the smaller stones made of dolerite found in the inner part of Stonehenge.More example sentences
- The Preseli Hills, source of the Stonehenge bluestones, lie within one of the highly radiogenic areas in which the ‘Boscombe Bowmen’ were born.
- The first such structure comprised two concentric circles of bluestones imported from southwest Wales set up around 2500 bc.
- Several bluestones in the central oval were removed so that the remaining eleven formed a horseshoe imitating the trilithon setting.
More definitions of bluestoneDefinition of bluestone in:
- The British & World English dictionary