Definition of bluet in English:
A low-growing North American plant of the bedstraw family, with small four-petaled flowers and paired leaves. Bluets often grow in large groups.
- Genus Houstonia (or Hedyotis), family Rubiaceae: several species, especially H. caerulea, with milky-blue or white flowers, and long-leaved bluets (H. longifolia), with white or lavender flowers
- That bluet breaks me up, tiny spring flower late, late in dour October.
- He stands as a glad, unnecessary witness to an event - the bluets unseasonable flowering - made possible and then actually made by ‘stamina.’
- Those little bluets look so sweet!
early 18th century: from French, diminutive of bleu 'blue'.
Definition of bluet in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia