Definition of bluethroat in English:
A small, lively thrush found in northern Eurasia and Alaska. The male has a blue throat with a reddish spot in the center.
- Luscinia svecica, subfamily Turdinae, family Muscicapidae
- Furthermore, in bluethroats, European starlings, and blue tits female choice for males with greater UV reflectance appears to favor structural plumage traits.
- In many passerine species, including bluethroats, male removal results in an overall reduction in food supply.
- A lost waif and stray of extraordinary beauty turned up in Aberdeen and made the front page of two national newspapers: a bluethroat looking enchantingly like a robin that had been coloured in wrong.
Words that rhyme with bluethroatshofroth • cut-throat
Definition of bluethroat in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.