- 1A heavy object without a sharp edge or point, used as a weapon.More example sentences
- In this study, a serious incident is defined as violence or threat of violence with weapons used such as shotguns, knives, blunt instruments, syringes, screwdrivers, hammers, furniture, eg, chairs.
- These techniques involve removal, repair of replacement of a diseased or damaged organ and make use of sharp or blunt instruments.
- A bottle was a blunt instrument, then a sharp one.
- 1.1An imprecise or heavy-handed way of doing something: as a promotional method, direct mail has been a blunt instrumentMore example sentences
- Used in this way, representational painting is a somewhat blunt instrument to wield in a complex debate already full of visceral and hysterical reactions on both sides.
- That is, that by doing more and more of the same, that is by making our blunt instrument heavier and heavier, we are going to achieve something different.
- The third and final issue to be examined starts with the proposition that the military element of national power is a rather blunt instrument, not a precision tool.
More definitions of blunt instrumentDefinition of blunt instrument in:
- The British & World English dictionary