Definition of boa constrictor in English:
A large and typically boldly marked snake that kills by coiling around its prey and asphyxiating it, native to tropical America.
- Boa constrictor, family Boidae
- One of the biggest is the boa constrictor, the legendary non-venomous strangler found throughout much of Central and South America.
- Only last week a boa constrictor and rat snake were found on a golf course near Accrington.
- The boa constrictor is a non-poisonous tropical snake belonging to a specialized group of reptiles - the first vertebrate class completely independent of water.
Definition of boa constrictor in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan