Definition of bobsled in English:
A mechanically steered and braked sled, typically manned by crews of two or four, used for racing down a steep ice-covered run with banked curves.
- Sports most frequently training in Lake Placid include biathlon, bobsled, figure skating, ice hockey, luge, skiing and speed skating.
- Denny thought Johnson represented the ideal crossover athlete for bobsled, so Johnson began to make the changeover from summer to winter sports
- Although existing one-dimensional studies of bobsled dynamics and sled performance are useful, to design a simulator we need to fully characterize the surface of the track and the motion of the sled in three dimensions.
verbBack to top
Ride on a bobsled.
- Tubs was recently featured in a Coca Cola commercial, where he bobsledded with the Jamaican bobsled team.
- Sorry, not all of us bobsledded out of our mother's crotch with a Craftsmen tool set strapped to our foreheads.
- He skied and bobsledded on facilities used for the 1952 Winter Games and was steeped in Olympic heroes and feats.
Definition of bobsled in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan