noun (plural body mass indices /-dəsēz/ or body mass indexes)
- A weight-to-height ratio, calculated by dividing one’s weight in kilograms by the square of one’s height in meters and used as an indicator of obesity and underweight.More example sentences
- Height, weight, calculated body mass index, and blood pressures were recorded.
- We calculated body mass index from measured height and weight.
- Patients' weight and height were measured and their body mass index calculated.
More definitions of body mass indexDefinition of body mass index in:
- The British & World English dictionary