1An exfoliating cosmetic preparation, applied to the body to cleanse the skin.
- She scrubbed herself down with the grape-scented body scrub and loofah provided to get rid of the dirt, and after the shower, she sprayed herself with something smelling like vanilla, which she found with her toiletries.
- Get your hands on a good body scrub, and start exfoliating once every three days.
- ‘We often neglect the skin on our bodies,’ says Evans, who makes sure to give herself an in-shower sloughing with a body scrub (which can get rid of dead skin cells and make skin smooth) every other day.
1.1A type of beauty treatment in which the skin is cleaned and exfoliated.
- What better way to recover from a day on the beach than with a body scrub, manicure, pedicure, facial massage or complete new hairdo.
- The treatment list is comparatively small: a Swedish massage, one facial, one mud wrap, one body scrub, manicure and pedicure.
- If you need further relaxation, take a trip up to the spa with its 20-metre pool, steam room and hydrotherapy suite, or pop into one of the private treatment rooms for a massage, body scrub, wrap or a reflexology session.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: bod·y scrub
Definition of body scrub in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.