Definition of bodywork in English:
1The metal outer shell of a vehicle.
- Vandals slashed tyres, scratched bodywork and pulled off windscreen wipers.
- Several vehicles have had their windscreens broken and bodywork dented.
- This Ferrari is constructed with extensive use of aluminum in the chassis, suspension, bodywork and engine.
2Therapies and techniques in complementary medicine that involve touching or manipulating the body.
- For those practising massage, bodywork and manipulative therapies, these somatic dysfunctions are vital to the assessment of musculoskeletal integrity.
- It is frequently a result of some transient mechanical imbalance and, therefore, can be improved with bodywork and manual manipulation techniques.
- She has a diploma in Nutritional Medicine and has attended workshops in reflexology, homeopathy, bodywork and aromatherapy.
- sense 2.Example sentences
- Mark is a trained bodyworker.
- Carrie Lafferty, a bodyworker who uses energy to heal people, drove from Seattle to see him Wednesday and fill him up with fresh, raw berries from her garden.
- Massage therapists, chiropractors, and other bodyworkers can provide precise, gentle, restorative manipulative treatment.
Words that rhyme with bodyworkbrickwork • handiwork
Definition of bodywork in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan