- A crystalline mineral compound composed of aluminum oxide and hydroxide and found in bauxite.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: AlO(OH)
- The remaining clay component from the limestone can be further altered by these acids and, over time, it is converted to aluminium oxyhydroxide minerals such as gibbsite, diaspore, and boehmite.
- The structure of boehmite consists of double layers of oxygen octahedra partially filled with Aluminium cations.
- If fine particle-size gibbsite was used, the yield of boehmite decreased and the yield of the poorly crystallized phase increased in all the media.