Definition of boilermaker in English:
1A person who makes boilers.
- But although boilermaker Burke thinks of himself as an intellectual he has not realised the trap he is in.
- This poet, born in rural Northland in 1922, has had a diverse and extraordinary life, working as boilermaker, political activist and poet.
- Local apprentice boilermaker Glen Tapper sparked the judges' interest at the recent WorldSkills competition by winning a gold medal.
1.1A metalworker in heavy industry.
- These are the homes of your honest artisans - labourers, boilermakers, factory hands and motor mechanics.
- I know top students who decided to become welders, or auto mechanics, or boilermakers, or chefs - because they loved working with their hands as well as their heads.
- I mean, if a Bengali weaver, a Jamaican fisherman and an Aussie boilermaker came together, they would all have at least one topic to talk about.
2North American A shot of whiskey followed by a glass of beer as a chaser.
- Remember the night I put away seven boilermakers while in the presence of a naval officer?
- The two guys with me had been way generous with the boilermakers.
- You were virtually assured there would be at least a couple of men in there quaffing boilermakers who would be just tickled purple to defend a scared kid.
Words that rhyme with boilermakerheartbreaker
Definition of boilermaker in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia