Definition of boilermaker in English:
1A person who makes boilers.
- But although boilermaker Burke thinks of himself as an intellectual he has not realised the trap he is in.
- This poet, born in rural Northland in 1922, has had a diverse and extraordinary life, working as boilermaker, political activist and poet.
- Local apprentice boilermaker Glen Tapper sparked the judges' interest at the recent WorldSkills competition by winning a gold medal.
1.1A metalworker in heavy industry.
- These are the homes of your honest artisans - labourers, boilermakers, factory hands and motor mechanics.
- I know top students who decided to become welders, or auto mechanics, or boilermakers, or chefs - because they loved working with their hands as well as their heads.
- I mean, if a Bengali weaver, a Jamaican fisherman and an Aussie boilermaker came together, they would all have at least one topic to talk about.
2North American A shot of whiskey followed by a glass of beer as a chaser.
- Remember the night I put away seven boilermakers while in the presence of a naval officer?
- The two guys with me had been way generous with the boilermakers.
- You were virtually assured there would be at least a couple of men in there quaffing boilermakers who would be just tickled purple to defend a scared kid.
Words that rhyme with boilermakerheartbreaker
Definition of boilermaker in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.