Definition of boldface in English:
A typeface with thick strokes.
- Therefore, if you want to exchange standard document types with other users, prepare one typical document using all the necessary formatting, including headers, italics and boldface.
- Special formatting techniques to distinguish nonverbal notes or speaker names, such as boldface, italics, or underlining will not transfer to the spreadsheet.
- If you use italics or boldface in the manuscript, they will still need to be marked up by production.
adjectiveBack to top
Printed or displayed in a typeface having thick strokes.
- Other nodes involved in recombination events are indicated by the boldface lowercase letters a - e.
- To be as thorough as possible, we examined the textbooks on a page-by-page basis, counting as a concept all those found in headings and subheadings, boldface print, or italics, as well as concepts that were given explicit definitions.
- Well, the story is on Page 2, and right next to his photograph, in large boldface print, is the following quote: ‘I take full responsibility for this problem.’
Words that rhyme with boldfacecoalface • interface
Definition of boldface in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.