Definition of boldface in English:
A typeface with thick strokes.
- Therefore, if you want to exchange standard document types with other users, prepare one typical document using all the necessary formatting, including headers, italics and boldface.
- Special formatting techniques to distinguish nonverbal notes or speaker names, such as boldface, italics, or underlining will not transfer to the spreadsheet.
- If you use italics or boldface in the manuscript, they will still need to be marked up by production.
adjectiveBack to top
Printed or displayed in a typeface having thick strokes.
- Other nodes involved in recombination events are indicated by the boldface lowercase letters a - e.
- To be as thorough as possible, we examined the textbooks on a page-by-page basis, counting as a concept all those found in headings and subheadings, boldface print, or italics, as well as concepts that were given explicit definitions.
- Well, the story is on Page 2, and right next to his photograph, in large boldface print, is the following quote: ‘I take full responsibility for this problem.’
- Example sentences
- The compendium used boldfaced type to call attention to certain comments by him.
- I've boldfaced the relevant bit.
- The boldfaced editorial tagline was ‘Future Mr. O?’
Words that rhyme with boldfacecoalface • interface
Definition of boldface in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan