Definition of bolete in English:
noun (plural boletes or boletuses-ˈlētəsəz)
A mushroom or toadstool with pores rather than gills on the underside of the cap. Boletes often have a thick stem, and several kinds are edible. See also cep.
- Genus Boletus, family Boletaceae, class Basidiomycetes
- Many boletes are worth eating, but their stems tend to become infested with insects or maggots and often have to be discarded.
- His delicious little Wild Mushroom Beignets are for those lucky enough to know where to gather boletuses and horns of plenty.
- Then, in April, as morels and king boletes begin to show around Mount Shasta and in the mountains of eastern Oregon, pickers climb into their ‘rigs’ and drive northward again.
Definition of bolete in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan