noun (plural bolliti misti /bōˈlētē ˈmistē/)
- A dish of mixed kinds of meat, such as chicken, veal, and sausage, boiled with vegetables in broth.More example sentences
- His hearty bollito misto is a marvelously fatty bowl of hearty brisket, rustic Cochetino sausage and tender veal breast in a clear broth of carrots, shallots and potatoes.
- Our main courses were served generously from a trolley, one for bollito misto, the other for roasts.
- My husband Andrea is the happiest when I make bollito misto for the holidays - the dish that keeps on giving.
Italian, 'boiled mixed meat', from bollito past participle of bollire 'to boil' and misto 'mixed'.
More definitions of bollito mistoDefinition of bollito misto in:
- The British & World English dictionary