Definition of bollworm in English:
A moth caterpillar that attacks the cotton boll, in particular.
- ● (pink bollworm) A small moth that is a serious pest of the North American cotton crop (Pectinophora gossypiella, family Gelechiidae). ● (also cotton bollworm) another term for corn earworm
- They are known to eat cabbage moths, bollworms, tomato hornworms and broccoli worms.
- At the same time they had reduced pesticide applications from eight sprayings to one spraying, and the single spraying was for a secondary insect pest, not the bollworm that the cotton was now protected against.
- It would concentrate bollworms so they could be sprayed.
Definition of bollworm in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.