- A sensitive electrical instrument for measuring radiant energy.More example sentences
- The radiometer measured light intensity by the number of revolutions induced over time, and the bolometer measured a decrease in electrical resistance upon absorption of radiation.
- On the thermal side are thermocouples, thermopiles, bolometers, and pneumatic detectors.
- During a routine check for contamination in their bolometers, which happen to be built around crystals containing bismuth, the team noticed an unexpected alpha decay not listed in any reference tables.
- More example sentences
- Just as in conventional bolometric sensors, joule heating raises the temperature of the structure, causing a resistance change that is sensed externally.
- It includes a set of 52 bolometric detectors, which work by converting radiation to heat.
- The bolometric detector is achieved by means of technologies used in the semiconductor field.
late 19th century: from Greek bolē 'ray of light' + -meter.
More definitions of bolometerDefinition of bolometer in:
- The British & World English dictionary