A sensitive electrical instrument for measuring radiant energy.
More example sentences
- The radiometer measured light intensity by the number of revolutions induced over time, and the bolometer measured a decrease in electrical resistance upon absorption of radiation.
- On the thermal side are thermocouples, thermopiles, bolometers, and pneumatic detectors.
- During a routine check for contamination in their bolometers, which happen to be built around crystals containing bismuth, the team noticed an unexpected alpha decay not listed in any reference tables.
late 19th century: from Greek bolē 'ray of light' + -meter.
- More example sentences
- Just as in conventional bolometric sensors, joule heating raises the temperature of the structure, causing a resistance change that is sensed externally.
- It includes a set of 52 bolometric detectors, which work by converting radiation to heat.
- The bolometric detector is achieved by means of technologies used in the semiconductor field.
More definitions of bolometerDefinition of bolometer in:
- The British & World English dictionary