Definition of bolometer in English:
A sensitive electrical instrument for measuring radiant energy.
- The radiometer measured light intensity by the number of revolutions induced over time, and the bolometer measured a decrease in electrical resistance upon absorption of radiation.
- On the thermal side are thermocouples, thermopiles, bolometers, and pneumatic detectors.
- During a routine check for contamination in their bolometers, which happen to be built around crystals containing bismuth, the team noticed an unexpected alpha decay not listed in any reference tables.
- Example sentences
- Just as in conventional bolometric sensors, joule heating raises the temperature of the structure, causing a resistance change that is sensed externally.
- It includes a set of 52 bolometric detectors, which work by converting radiation to heat.
- The bolometric detector is achieved by means of technologies used in the semiconductor field.
Definition of bolometer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan