Definition of bolt-on in English:
(Of an extra part of a machine) able to be fastened on with a bolt or catch.
- The upscale LX trim level adds color-keyed bodyside molding, bolt-on wheel covers, a passenger-side vanity mirror, a cargo cover for the wagon, and upgraded upholstery.
- The bolt-on stereo speakers are surprisingly good.
- The new car also has bolt-on end structures to reduce both the time and cost of crash repair.
nounBack to top
An extra part that can be fastened onto a machine with a bolt or catch.
- This Beetle's body features a ton of new trim and factory-fresh bolt-ons.
- Built off a 1967 Pontiac GTO Convertible, it featured genuinely interesting bodywork and some wild engine bolt-ons.
- Included with the sale is the car's original owner's manual and some detailed component manuals for the aftermarket bolt-ons.
Definition of bolt-on in:
- British & World English dictionary