1A frozen dome-shaped dessert.
- Cassata, a bombe filled with hazelnut crème, has the audacity to combine chocolate with ricotta cheese and turns out bizarrely addictive.
- For instance, an ice-cream bombe is the same shape as a Christmas pudding, but lighter and more refreshing.
- To top it off I chose a frozen hazelnut praline ice cream bombe with a caramelised sugar crust.
late 19th century: French, literally 'bomb'.
(Of furniture) rounded.
- Then, with a puffed chest and plump sides, the bombé, or convex commode, made a grand entrance.
- This antique sage & white hand painted bombe chests console features beautiful floral motifs.
- Incorporate a stylish period look with any of these bombe, or bombay, chests featuring elegant curved lines for display anywhere in the home.
early 20th century: French, literally 'swollen out'.