1A frozen dome-shaped dessert.
- Cassata, a bombe filled with hazelnut crème, has the audacity to combine chocolate with ricotta cheese and turns out bizarrely addictive.
- For instance, an ice-cream bombe is the same shape as a Christmas pudding, but lighter and more refreshing.
- To top it off I chose a frozen hazelnut praline ice cream bombe with a caramelised sugar crust.
Late 19th century: French, literally 'bomb'.
Words that rhyme with bombeaplomb, bomb, CD-ROM, dom, from, glom, mom, pom, prom, Rom, shalom, Somme, therefrom, Thom, tom, wherefrom
(Of furniture) rounded.
- Then, with a puffed chest and plump sides, the bombé, or convex commode, made a grand entrance.
- This antique sage & white hand painted bombe chests console features beautiful floral motifs.
- Incorporate a stylish period look with any of these bombe, or bombay, chests featuring elegant curved lines for display anywhere in the home.
Early 20th century: French, literally 'swollen out'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan