noun (plural same or bonefishes)
A silvery game fish of warm coastal waters. Also called ladyfish.
- Family Albulidae and genus Albula: several species, in particular A. vulpes
More example sentences
- For the next hour or so we moved slowly along the mangroves seeing the odd bonefish, barracuda and shark.
- The bonefish are right over there, a silvery school materializing out of the greener water to graze the shrimpy mud of the flat.
- The tide had dropped off the flats and with it, the bonefish had moved into deeper water, invisible to the naked eye.
Definition of bonefish in:
- The British & World English dictionary