1(Of a piece of meat or fish) having had the bones removed.
- This was a superb boneless fillet of fish, with a lovely garlic flavour through it.
- Turning a batch of fresh-caught fish into boneless fillets requires a skilled hand and a good knife.
- A pork chop, which has a bone, will lose more of its weight than a boneless pork cutlet.
- he collapsed bonelessly into an easy chairMore example sentences
- The boy groaned and collapsed bonelessly to the ground.
- The blindfolded prisoner collapsed bonelessly to the floor.
- When I picked her up, she lolled limply, bonelessly.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of boneless in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.