noun (plural bonobos)
- A chimpanzee with a black face and black hair, found in the rain forests of the Democratic Republic of Congo (formerly Zaire). Also called pygmy chimpanzee.
More example sentences
- Pan paniscus, family Pongidae
- His favorite species for this work are chimpanzees, bonobos, and capuchin monkeys.
- Experts now bracket humans in the ‘hominidae’ family of great apes, along with orang-utans, chimpanzees, bonobos and gorillas.
- The situation is most dire for primates such as bonobos, chimpanzees and gorillas.
1950s: a local word.
More definitions of bonoboDefinition of bonobo in:
- The British & World English dictionary