- A decorative label stuck in the front of a book, bearing the name of the book’s owner.More example sentences
- Hence, the importance of the much maligned bookplates occasionally found on books which serve to give us at least some information on previous owners.
- The front cover sports a bookplate from 1900 of Nietzsche wearing a crown of thorns, the back cover one of him naked, with remarkable musculature, posing on an Alp.
- I still have a Puffin Club bookplate stuck inside the cover of this book.
More definitions of bookplateDefinition of bookplate in:
- The British & World English dictionary