- 1Having a period of great prosperity or rapid economic growth: the booming economyMore example sentences
- World War II and its aftermath also launched a period of booming prosperity, population growth, and economic diversification.
- The booming economy and rapid growth of new media have helped the entertainment industry flourish.
- Youth soccer remains in a period of booming growth throughout North America.
- 2(Of a sound or voice) loud, deep, and resonant: his booming voice a booming laughMore example sentences
- There was once more a deep booming laugh that sounded like thunder.
- There was a loud booming noise that sounded like a gas tank exploding in the condo unit below.
- Light spilled out from upper and lower windows, even though it was early in the morning, and loud, booming voices resounded from inside.