- Any of a series of unstable binary compounds of boron and hydrogen, analogous to the alkanes. The simplest example is diborane, B2H6.More example sentences
- The number of ‘boranes’ (hydrides of boron) that have been synthesized illustrates this rich chemistry.
- Use hydrogen and halogens as terminal atoms (except for boranes and interhalogen compounds) and then use the least electronegative atom as the central atom.
- More important, the change in thermodynamic properties means that driving the reaction in the opposite direction—regenerating the ammonia borane by somehow putting hydrogen back—becomes less difficult, at least in theory.
More definitions of boraneDefinition of borane in:
- The British & World English dictionary