- A salt in which the anion contains both boron and oxygen, as in borax.More example sentences
- A wide variety of electrolytes are used to produce the desired surface properties: chromic acid, sulfuric acid, and oxalic acid are the most common but borates, citrates and oxoacids are also sometimes used.
- On the other hand, there are many oxysalts, including uncommon borates, nitrates, iodates, selenites, and selenates.
- Democratic attempts in 1888 and 1893 to place crude and refined borates and boric acid on the free list failed.
More definitions of borateDefinition of borate in:
- The British & World English dictionary