Definition of borborygmus in English:
noun (plural borborygmi /-mī/)technical
A rumbling or gurgling noise made by the movement of fluid and gas in the intestines.
- The carcinoid syndrome is classically described as flushing, diarrhea, and abdominal cramps, but borborygmi, cyanosis, telangiectasis, pellagra like skin lesions, wheezing, dypsnea or palpitations may also occur.
- Patients complain of colicky abdominal pain, borborygmi and vomiting.
- Within 30 minutes to 2 hours after eating dairy products they experience such symptoms as gas pains, cramps, diarrhea, borborygmi (rumblings caused by the passage of gas through the intestines), or flatulence.
- Example sentences
- Even Harding began to notice the borborygmic rumbles coming from his overstuffed subordinates.
- A rumble of borborygmic thunder crashed across the grim landscape of his consciousness.
- Moist, borborygmic gutturals, appropriately barbaric riffs and tendon tearing blastbeats are all available in abundance here.
Definition of borborygmus in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia