- Served with a sauce of red wine and onions: [postpositive]: lobster bordelaiseMore example sentences
- What vegetable is the key ingredient in a bordelaise sauce?
- One afternoon, I enjoyed a decent rendition of huevos rancheros and also a fine example of the old New Orleans dish eggs Hussard, garnished with ham, tomatoes, and a delicious though lethal mixture of bordelaise and hollandaise sauces.
- The menu, in its black leather holder, begins with Hot Starters, with the first item being Queen Scallops Bordelaise, flambéed in pastis and served with parmesan and oregano crisp and set on a light bordelaise sauce.
French, from (à la) bordelaise 'Bordeaux-style'.
More definitions of bordelaiseDefinition of bordelaise in:
- The British & World English dictionary