- A narrow country road.More example sentences
- The group was transported in a convoy of police vans, ambulances and four-wheel drives, which snaked its way along main roads and boreens to the search area.
- For years this minstrel roamed up and down the boreens and roads of Mayo and Galway until finally he died in Craughwell, Co. Galway at the age of fifty one.
- The vets who travel down the rough roads and boreens day and night and set up shop in cold sheds and barns to perform a section or some other task share the world of the small farmer.
mid 19th century: from Irish bóithrín, diminutive of bóthar 'road'.
More definitions of boreenDefinition of boreen in:
- The British & World English dictionary