noun (plural borgatas or borgate /-tē/)US
- An organized branch of the Mafia.More example sentences
- If only you knew the real us, the borgata family, I thought to myself.
- But gathered there was the vast majority of bosses of the borgatas.
- His first full-length novel dealing with the world of the borgate, published in 1955, saw him officially charged with offences to public decency.
1960s: Italian, 'district, village'.
More definitions of borgataDefinition of borgata in:
- The British & World English dictionary