Not interesting; tedious: I’ve got a boring job in an office
More example sentences
- The dull grey of the rain was making the normally interesting boring and unexciting.
- But studies have shown that children are made to do boring, repetitive and tedious jobs and are not taught new skills as they grow older.
- He becomes obnoxious, repetitive, boring, tedious.
tedious, dull, monotonous, repetitive, unrelieved, unvaried, unimaginative, uneventful;
characterless, featureless, colorless, lifeless, insipid, uninteresting, unexciting, uninspiring, unstimulating, uninvolving;
jejune, flat, bland, dry, stale, tired, banal, lackluster, stodgy, vapid, monochrome, dreary, humdrum, mundane;
mind-numbing, wearisome, tiring, tiresome, irksome, trying, frustrating
informal deadly, ho-hum, dullsville, dull as dishwater, plain-vanilla
- [as submodifier]: the list is excoriated as boringly predictableMore example sentences
- He argues that ‘one doesn't want to be boringly predictable, but one should be consistent’; there ought to be about four parts predictability to one part innovation, he says.
- As electioneering begins, pollsters are busy questioning voters about their priorities with boringly predictable lists: the economy, health, education and crime.
- Perhaps because our everyday choices are so limited and our creative impulses so stifled, we embrace the abnormal because everything else is so boringly predictable.
- Example sentences
- It's a game of surpassing, even brilliant, boringness and I dare say I'm one of only a few thousand native-born American citizens who can follow its soporific plotlines.
- I think if anyone tried to make a comic about the first two years of med school, the comic strip would spontaneously combust due to the mind-numbing boringness of the subject matter.
- But its ordinariness and even boringness only make me like it more; ordinary places where extraordinary events have occurred are my favorite kind.
Words that rhyme with boringflooring, Goring, riproaring, roaring, scoring, shoring
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.