Definition of boronia in English:
A sweet-scented Australian shrub cultivated for its perfume and for use as a cut flower.
- Genus Boronia, family Rutaceae
- There are the perfumes too: scent of eucalypt leaves, fragrance of a boronia; and textures to feel: papery bark of melaleucas, furrows in ironbark trunks.
- I have answered to my own satisfaction questions that intrigued me then, now I have seen the Australian spring, I have smelt the boronia, watched snakes and lizards, listened to the locusts.
- In-principle agreement has been reached to exempt species like mock orange and boronia, and the ban now applies to 10 members of the Rutaceae family, and all citrus.
Modern Latin, named after Francesco Borone (1769–94), Italian botanist.
Definition of boronia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan