- A soup made with beets and usually served with sour cream, associated with the cuisine of eastern and central Europe, especially Russia, Poland, and Ukraine.More example sentences
- From Russian borscht (a beetroot soup) to banana samal (a Southern Indian dish), he hoped to give the children the opportunity of trying something new and healthy.
- Jack laughed at that, shook his head, and began serving supper - a bowl of borscht with sour cream and rye bread, perogies and cabbage-rolls and good kolbassa sausage.
- Beet soup with duck is a hearty take on borscht, and while a brilliantly vermilion gazpacho could have been our favorite soup, it was, uncharacteristically, too salty.
More definitions of borschtDefinition of borscht in:
- The British & World English dictionary