- The dried, pressed roe of the mullet, which is sold in blocks and shaved over Italian dishes.More example sentences
- Try shaved raw artichoke with bottarga, linguine al granchio and salt-baked sea bass or the home-made salsiccia.
- And a seafood triumvirate of bluefin tuna, prawn in parsley purée, and scallop carpaccio with bottarga is too stingily portioned to fully enjoy.
- Gill's pan-fried sea bass with tabbouleh, preserved lemon, bottarga and lemon oil was less successful, with the flavours clashing a little too violently.
Italian, from Arabic butarkhah.
More definitions of bottargaDefinition of bottarga in:
- The British & World English dictionary