- 1The final total of an account, balance sheet, or other financial document: • figurative the determination of Japanese companies to ignore the bottom lineMore example sentences
profit, net, gain, earnings, return
- What ultimately matters for them is the bottom line of the balance sheet, rather than a duty to serve.
- Then, he subtracts that average from the bottom line, ignoring the actual charges.
- How do you use it with people who are responsible for the bottom line of a company account sheet?
- 1.1The underlying or ultimate outcome or criterion: the bottom line is I’m still married to Denny the bottom line is, does it work?More example sentences
- Of course, we are taught that integrity is an important value and is, in fact, the bottom line of morality in society.
- The bottom line is that referees are no better or worse than they've always been.
- The bottom line is I'm just thankful to be in this position.