- A rod-shaped bacterium that produces botulin.
More example sentences
- Clostridium botulinum
- It is also unclear whether the vial contained the bacteria botulinum, from which the toxin is drawn, or the toxin itself, as Mr Kay claimed in interviews over the weekend.
- Botulism is a muscle-paralyzing disease caused by a nerve toxin made by a bacterium called Clostridium botulinum.
- Clostridium (meaning spindle shaped bacterium) botulinum comes from the soil and makes spores (survival packages) that are very hard to destroy.
More definitions of botulinumDefinition of botulinum in:
- The British & World English dictionary