noun[often as modifier]
- Yarn with a looped or curled ply, or fabric woven from this yarn: a bouclé sweaterMore example sentences
- For our illustration, we paired our dress with a jacket in a loosely woven wool bouclé fabric with bits of bright pink, aqua, and gold.
- It was mostly inspired by the South of France in the Fifties but there is such a rich mix of fabrics, including Lurex, bouclé and Irish linen that you can make of it what you will.
- When she had created 10 of these squares, Fatica hand-sewed them together, then dissolved the Aqua Film, which resulted in odd shapes of material that resemble a series of fused threads or pieces of bouclé fabric that are soft to the touch.
late 19th century: French, literally 'buckled, curled'.
More definitions of boucléDefinition of bouclé in:
- The British & World English dictionary