Definition of bougainvillea in English:
An ornamental climbing plant that is widely cultivated in the tropics. The insignificant flowers are surrounded by brightly colored papery bracts that persist on the plant for a long time.
- Genus Bougainvillea, family Nyctaginaceae
- Standards of plants not requiring dormant cycles, such as bougainvillea, hibiscus, ivies or geraniums, have a simple winter culture.
- Anthuriums, roses, hibiscuses, chrysanthemums, lilies and bougainvilleas were some of the other carnations that were on display.
- Miller also offers a variety of tropical plants, including bromeliads, bougainvillea, citrus, hibiscus, and orchids.
Named after Louis de Bougainville (see Bougainville, Louis Antoine de).
Words that rhyme with bougainvilleaBrasília, cilia, conciliar, familiar, haemophilia (US hemophilia), Hillier, juvenilia, memorabilia, paedophilia (US pedophilia), sedilia
Definition of bougainvillea in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.