- 1A wide street in a town or city, typically one lined with trees: [in names]: Sunset BoulevardMore example sentences
- According to the municipality, 589 snowploughs had been cleaning the snow from the major streets and boulevards of the city.
- Schools and community centers, streets and avenues, boulevards and bridges throughout the United States were named after him.
- There is the ground-level city of streets and boulevards, and offices and homes.
- 1.1 another term for boulevard strip.
mid 18th century: French, literally 'a rampart' (later 'a promenade on the site of one'), from German Bollwerk (see bulwark).