Definition of bouncer in English:
1A person employed by a nightclub or similar establishment to prevent troublemakers from entering or to eject them from the premises.
- The security company that employs unlicensed bouncers and the licensee of any premises allowing them to work could both be prosecuted under the new rules.
- He took courses in the field, then worked as a nightclub bouncer and a bodyguard.
- A security firm owner who provides bouncers to a nightclub claims no underage drinkers get in when his staff are on duty.
2 Baseball A batted ball that bounces before being fielded.
- It came with two out in the seventh inning, after Santo had made a good play in spearing Jim Gilliam's high bouncer to third.
- In his first start at third, he misplayed one bouncer, letting it go off his glove, and let another fast grounder get by him.
- Palmeiro hit a bouncer to Yankees' first baseman Tino Martinez who stepped on first before throwing to Derek Jeter at second who tagged Sosa for the easy out.
Definition of bouncer in:
- British & World English dictionary