Definition of bouncer in English:
1A person employed by a nightclub or similar establishment to prevent troublemakers from entering or to eject them from the premises.
- The security company that employs unlicensed bouncers and the licensee of any premises allowing them to work could both be prosecuted under the new rules.
- He took courses in the field, then worked as a nightclub bouncer and a bodyguard.
- A security firm owner who provides bouncers to a nightclub claims no underage drinkers get in when his staff are on duty.
2 Baseball A batted ball that bounces before being fielded.
- It came with two out in the seventh inning, after Santo had made a good play in spearing Jim Gilliam's high bouncer to third.
- In his first start at third, he misplayed one bouncer, letting it go off his glove, and let another fast grounder get by him.
- Palmeiro hit a bouncer to Yankees' first baseman Tino Martinez who stepped on first before throwing to Derek Jeter at second who tagged Sosa for the easy out.
Words that rhyme with bouncerannouncer, denouncer, pouncer, pronouncer, renouncer, trouncer
Definition of bouncer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.