- A tanker used for fueling aircraft and other vehicles or for supplying water.More example sentences
- In Indonesia work has included providing mobile water treatment works to benefit 25,000 people and in Sri Lanka it has set up bowsers to supply drinking water to 250,000 and handed out 50,000 jerry cans to families.
- I went to see the residents and we did our best to alleviate any problems, including hiring road sweepers and water bowsers.
- In return, the federal government would fund two-thirds of the cost of installing fuel bowsers at the community - a basic facility that all settlements should have in any case.
1920s: from the name of a company of oil storage engineers.
More definitions of bowserDefinition of bowser in:
- The British & World English dictionary