Definition of box elder in English:
An American maple of damp soils that has leaves resembling the ash and green or purplish twigs.
- Acer negundo, family Aceraceae
- The floodplains contained cottonwood, willow, box elder, and soft maple.
- Floodplain forest is thick with green ash, American elm, sycamore, cottonwood, and silver maple, with box elder near the water's edge.
- In its natural state pin oak is found growing with red maple, green ash, box elder, sweet gum, and elm.
Definition of box elder in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan