- An old-fashioned church pew enclosed by wooden partitions.More example sentences
- Another theory is that the interior layout of the church - it was built with old-fashioned box pews - may not have been to the congregation's liking.
- Despite such intervention, the tiny church, now fully restored with a couple of original box pews and a delightful little wooden gallery, seems to have thrived, with seating inside for more than two hundred worshippers.
- In the early years benches for the poor were installed in this aisle, but in 1818 the vestry decided to increase church revenues by filling the cross aisle with box pews - a decision evidently not without controversy.
More definitions of box pewDefinition of box pew in:
- The British & World English dictionary