1A member of the Boy Scouts of America or a similar organization of boys.
- Every Boy Scout has the opportunity to participate in both shared and total leadership situations.
- The ACLU sued Chicago Public Schools and the department in 1999 for sponsoring Boy Scout activities.
- He had attempted to build a nuclear reactor in his mother's shed following a Boy Scout merit-badge project.
1.1An honest, friendly, and typically naive man: if you’re going to get a girl at the bar, then stop acting like such a boy scout [as modifier]: his trademark Boy Scout smile
More example sentences
- We faced our challenges with a boy scout smile, we did countless good turns during the weekend.
- One of the worst aspects of the UK being in the EU project, is that our government and especially, civil service, pursue the EU agenda with a naive enthusiasm and boy scout honesty.
- The biggest misconception about Ken is that he's an overly noble, naive "boy scout," when nothing could be further from the truth.
Definition of Boy Scout in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.