(also brachiosaurus /ˌbrākēəˈsôrəs, ˌbrak-/)
Definition of brachiosaur in English:
A huge herbivorous dinosaur of the late Jurassic to mid Cretaceous periods, with forelegs much longer than the hind legs.
- Genus Brachiosaurus, infraorder Sauropoda, order Saurischia
- They found embedded in solid rock what they believe to be the pelvis of a primitive sauropod, a four-legged, plant-eating dinosaur similar to better-known creatures such as brachiosaurus and diplodocus.
- As Christians who reject evolutionary theory, the family scoffed at the park's dinosaur attractions, which date the apatosaurus, brachiosaurus and the like to prehistoric times.
- Apparently, palaeontologists have wondered for years as to why the brachiosaurus didn't collapse under its own weight.
- Example sentences
- To confuse matters even further, it has recently been suggested that Cedarosaurus and some of the Pleurocoelus material is not even brachiosaurian, but titanosaur instead.
- The reported dorsal vertebra of Ultrasauros is not even brachiosaurian but from a diplodocid.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan