- A compound released in the blood in some circumstances that causes contraction of smooth muscle and dilation of blood vessels. It is a peptide comprising nine amino-acid residues.More example sentences
- The peptide subfamily of GPCR contains receptors that bind a disparate array of peptides, such as angiotensin, bradykinin, opioid, somatostatin, and chemokines.
- This class of receptors includes the angiotensin, bradykinin and vasopressin receptors.
- Another component of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system is bradykinin, a vasoactive peptide metabolized by the same enzyme that converts angiotensin I to angiotensin II.
1940s: from Greek bradus 'slow' + kinēsis 'motion' + -in1.
More definitions of bradykininDefinition of bradykinin in:
- The British & World English dictionary