Definition of brain cell in English:
1A cell in the tissue of the brain.
- Many people know that stem cells can grow into virtually any cell type found in the body, from a red blood cell to a muscle cell to a brain cell.
- Some day we could learn from the egg what factors are in the egg that would re-program the nucleus of a skin cell or a brain cell or an immune cell.
- With repetition, the electrical discharge spreads from brain cell to brain cell, eventually creating a kind of firestorm of neural activity that resembles what occurs in human epilepsy.
1.1 informal Regarded as a unit of intellectual power: it does help if the student has more than one brain cell
More example sentences
- Congratulations Cartridge, you just reflected something that any imbecile with half a brain cell functioning in their frontal lobes could have told you about language acquisition.
- Logan says they don't have a single brain cell between them.
- What the hell does Damien see in that girl, who is obviously only propelled by a single brain cell floating forlornly around in her vacuous head?
Definition of brain cell in:
- British & World English dictionary