Definition of brain coral in English:
A compact coral with a convoluted surface resembling that of the brain.
- Diploria and other genera, order Scleractinia
- This ruby brittle star sits on a brain coral, its gangly arms ready to reach out and snatch freshly spawned eggs.
- I say ‘frustratingly nice’ because I am faced with the dilemma of shooting film now on the reef, or saving it for the brain coral.
- More than 20 dive sites lie within a 10-minute boat ride of Speyside, including a wreck and a brain coral as big as a bungalow.
Definition of brain coral in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan