Definition of brain damage in English:
Injury to the brain that impairs its functions, especially permanently.
- This can lead to convulsions, seizures and permanent brain damage in some.
- It is feared he has suffered permanent brain damage from his injuries.
- I had a friend whose little girl was born with severe brain damage and suffers from Quadriplegic Cerebral Palsy.
- Example sentences
- In each of the brain-damaged patients, the sound of the voice prompted a pattern of brain activity similar to that of the healthy participants.
- Some say that the biggest losers in litigation over brain-damaged babies are the parents of children whose cases are rejected by lawyers.
- For each subject, the index is the proportion of tests that have resulted in the range characteristic of brain-damaged subjects.
Definition of brain damage in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan