- Injury to the brain that impairs its functions, especially permanently.More example sentences
- This can lead to convulsions, seizures and permanent brain damage in some.
- It is feared he has suffered permanent brain damage from his injuries.
- I had a friend whose little girl was born with severe brain damage and suffers from Quadriplegic Cerebral Palsy.
- More example sentences
- In each of the brain-damaged patients, the sound of the voice prompted a pattern of brain activity similar to that of the healthy participants.
- Some say that the biggest losers in litigation over brain-damaged babies are the parents of children whose cases are rejected by lawyers.
- For each subject, the index is the proportion of tests that have resulted in the range characteristic of brain-damaged subjects.
More definitions of brain damageDefinition of brain damage in:
- The British & World English dictionary