- A block of hard material pressed against the rim of a wheel to slow it down by friction, typically one of a pair made of hardened rubber used on a bicycle.More example sentences
- When I got to work I did a final QA of the bike and found that a front brake block was loose and I had been cycling with the brakes on.
- That is all good, but for an extra $25 you can get XT brakes that are stronger, use cartridge brake pads instead of the LX solid brake blocks and weigh the same.
- She took a look at my bike for me, because she's good with things like that, and we ended up giving it new brake blocks and a new front tyre.
More definitions of brake blockDefinition of brake block in:
- The British & World English dictionary