Definition of bramble in English:
A prickly scrambling vine or shrub, especially a blackberry or other wild shrub of the rose family.
- Gone were the blossoms of blackthorns, brambles, sweet roses, violets, and pungent garlics.
- Shrouded in bracken and blackberry brambles is a bush dangling dozens of berries like Christmas tree ornaments.
- And at the other end is a garden all in brambles and briar rose.
- Example sentences
- Pointer-type breeds were partially docked for motility; some spaniels because brambly debris was too difficult to clean from the plumey fur.
- In the end, though, it is attention to detail that keeps this good book from being great, that keeps it down among the brambly shadows of the scrub and canyons.
- Eve's relationship with this man, her superior, is brambly and intriguing; she is unable to work him out.
Definition of bramble in:
- British & World English dictionary